Serving the greater D.C., Baltimore, Annapolis areas and part of the Eastern Shore
Batteries Belts & Hoses Disc Brake Services Cooling System Maintenance Computerized Engine Analysis DOT Inspections Drive Lines Exhaust Fluids Heating & A/C Monthly Checklist Oil, Lube, Filters Preventative Maintenance Road Service Shocks and Struts Steering & Suspension Tire Installation Tire Repair Tire Rotation Transmission Repair Tune-Ups Wheel Alignment Wheel Balance
Brakes are one of the most important components on your vehicle. You need the confidence of knowing that when you press your foot to the brake, your vehicle is going to stop. That's why it's important to keep these tips in mind to help keep your brakes functioning properly.
- Have your brakes checked by D&D Tire Company at least once a year ' more often if you drive frequently in city traffic or live in a hilly area.
- Never drive with the parking brake on.
- If you hear a high-pitched squeak when you use the brakes, have them checked.
- If you hear a scratching or grinding noise when not braking, this also can be a sign of a brake or bearing issue and should be inspected immediately.
- If you experience shaking or vibration during braking, have them checked.
- Have brake fluid tested and replaced as needed and if you have to add fluid more than once every few months, you may have a leak.